The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
– Name, address, phone number, email address in order to take a booking, process a membership or keep you informed about us. We may also collect details relating to health and safety requirements.u00a0
– We collect payment details for the purpose of taking payment. We may sometimes require payment details to take a deposit for a booking.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
– You are making a booking or have contacted us for information about making a booking.
– You are paying for a booking.
– You have signed up to receive email newsletters.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
– You have given us or an activity leader/organiser information relating to health and safety.
– We use the information that you have given us in order to help you book a visit or manage your visit. We may also contact you during an emergency relating to your visit or after your visit to discuss your visit.
– We may share this information with other organisations/individuals involved in organising or running the activity you attend, with our own employees or with other organisations in the event of an emergency on site. We will only do this where necessary for the purposes of health and safety.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting RTC Sports.
(b) We have a contractual obligation via a booking.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on our digital operating system and in our secure email accounts.
We keep details relevant to your booking including receipts for 7 years. We will then dispose your information by digitally removing data from our system. We have some records in a paper based system where necessary, these are kept in a secure container and destroyed when no longer required.u00a0
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
– Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
– Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
– Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
– Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
– Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
– Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact RTC Sports if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at RTC Sports, Otterburn, Northumberland, NE19 1HE.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Service Updates: New activities at the RTC, details on our Facebook Page.