Gym User Agreement
The RTC Sports and Leisure Centre aims to help users enjoy the facilities in a safe and healthy way, below are a few things which we think will help you to do just that.
Before Using the Gym
There are a few things you must do before attending the gym for the first time;
- Complete the online membership process.
- Read this agreement carefully and follow the conditions of use set out within it.
- Watch the induction video on the gym section of our website. This will show you how to use the equipment safely, it will not advise you on fitness training.
- Fill in the health questionnaire at the membership checkout.
- If the member is under 18, then an adult with parental/guardian responsibility must sign an agreement in person at the RTC. The member must also complete a free in person induction with their parent/guardian, please contact the RTC before purchasing membership to arrange this.
Your health is the most important thing, so please follow the guidance below;
- You must fill out our short health questionnaire when joining the gym, if there are any relevant significant changes to your health after you join, please update this information via your online account and discuss it with a health professional. We are here to help if you need to make changes to your membership as a consequence.
- When you come to the Gym, it is your responsibility to make sure you are well enough to exercise unsupervised on that day.
- If you have any health concerns about your ability to exercise, please contact your GP or a medical professional before joining or using the gym. This includes pre-existing conditions and new symptoms.
- If you have prescription medicine which you should carry with you, you must bring them every visit (Inhalers, GTN spray, etc.).
- Keep hydrated whilst exercising.
- If you feel unwell or have an accident, please use your mobile phone to contact someone for assistance immediately, in an emergency phone 999. If this is within the RTC’s normal operating hours please alert the staff on the reception desk, they will be able to help you.
- Do not exercise beyond your ability. You should not carry out any exercise or work at an intensity that you have been told to avoid.
- There is a first aid kit in the gym, please use it if you need it. If you have used something please let us know via the maintenance form on our website and we will replace it.
- There is an Emergency Defibrillator on the wall outside, facing the car park, in a green box. If you think it is needed, call 999 and they will give you the code to open the box. Anyone can use the Defibrillator if needed – it speaks to you to tell you what to do.
- Please do not attend the gym if you have tested positive for or have untested symptoms of Covid 19.
Your Commitment to Us
Our gym is available to members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is not a supervised facility and there will be times when no staff or volunteers are on site. We therefore ask that members follow the rules below at all times;
- Always bring a mobile phone with you in case of emergency.
- Sign in to the book in the gym when you arrive.
- If you have an accident, please report it no matter how minor it is. You can report it through the gym section of our website.
- If you are unsure how to use the equipment at any time, please refer back to the induction video or contact the RTC.
- If you spot any piece of equipment or anything else in the gym that requires maintenance, please let us know as soon as possible by filling out the gym maintenance form on the RTC website.
- Keep other users safe by respecting the equipment and leaving both the equipment and the gym as you found it.
- Please wipe down each piece of equipment you use, paper towels and equipment is provided.
- If you experience any behaviour from another person that concerns you, leave the premises and phone a trusted contact, and afterwards, please contact the RTC to let us know.
- For security, please make sure the door is closed properly, but be gentle with it.
- You must not give the door code to non-members and you must not invite non-members to use the gym.
- Please only bring the personal possessions you need with you, the RTC cannot accept responsibility for their loss.
- You will always be respectful to other gym members and will not take photographs or videos in the gym which include other members. Anti-social behaviour will not be toleration and the RTC reserves the right to cancel membership.
Our Commitment to You
- To keep our users safe we use CCTV on the premises.
- If you have a disability that affects your use of the equipment in the RTC gym please let us know and we will do our best to put adaptations in place to ensure you can use the gym as fully as possible.
- We will service and maintain the equipment and facilities on a regular basis.
- The gym will be regularly cleaned by professional cleaners.
- We will keep our membership fee as low as possible to make the gym accessible to all, we also have a concessionary discount available, if you have any concerns please get in touch and we will try our best to help.
Please help us look after the environment during your visit to the gym. You can help us by;
- Bringing your own water bottle, you can refill it in the gym.
- Turning the lights off at the end of your session.
- Please take your rubbish home and if it can be recycled, please recycle it. The bin provided is for equipment used to wipe the equipment only.
Service Updates: Multi Sports Holiday Camp 2-4 August and 22-25 August